Friday, November 9, 2012

Pussy Galore,One Cat at a Time




     Now since I have your attention, I just wanted to let you know that I am not going to the new James Bond movie.....I havn't been to a movie in the theater since Avitar came out but I do want to go see LINCOLN.....anyone want to go? I dont usually have the time (or the energy) to go to the movies but I am a big Lincoln and Spielberg fan so it is on the must do list.
      I also do NOT rescue CATS, I also do NOT rescue dogs, horses,cows,pigs or other critters that can drain our limited  resources and bankrupt us. Now, everyone  knows that if I get a nice horse, dog, kitty or critter that I know  I can find a home for.....I will make an exception.  I have a love and hate relationship with cats.  I love our 4 cats. I HATE the fact that cats are the number one predator of wildlife if they go outdoors.  I have dealt with a lot of "cat hoarders" in the past.  There is nothing more depressing than a well intentioned older lady that is trying to save kitties. It always starts off well and quickly spirals out of control.  I have met a very nice older woman that literally came knocking on my door for help. She is not a hoarder but she has rescued way too many cats to be effective.  With personal problems  of her own, I have agreed to help try to find some of these cats homes. I will also try to get the cats the medical care that they are lacking. She has agreed that she will not have more than 5 cats in the future, since no one wants this to be another problem down the road.   I know that I should have shut the door in her face but I think that I can help some of these cats..... I help animals, if people benefit in the process that is alright also.   The cats looking for adoption are friendly and fed.  The friendly cats would make great house cats.  The semi feral cats would make great BARN CATS once spayed and neutered.
     The last time I helped find a home for over 50 cats it was not fun, pleasant or practical. I am NOT taking these cats in at our facility. I will however try to get a mobile vet unit to spay/neuter these cats. I will also coordinate the adoption of these cats to people or rescue groups that want them. There are 15 kittens that need to be adopted, all have runny eyes and noses. All will require vet care and when old enough will require spay/neuter. There are also approximately 30-40 adult cats. I am working on getting them fixed and vaccinated.   ANYONE that would like to adopt a cat or knows of space in a no kill place that can take in several kitties........PLEASE let me know what you can do. I will coordinate the rest.   I know that all of the no kill shelters are full. I know that the average household really doesnt need more than one or two cats.
I know that with our network of friends, we can do this. ONE CAT AT A TIME.   Please feel free to cross post every where. Please share my blogs with your friends, with over 1400 friends on facebook I do not know why we only have 30 followers on our blog.  If each one of those 30 followers helped find a home for one cat......this would not be a problem for very long.....Feel free to email me privately at Laraway@midtel.net if you think that you can help. I cant do this without everyones help. WES

No comments: