Friday, July 3, 2009

Open House

That is right folks, the moment that you have all been waiting for. You are all invited to our Raptor Center (phase one) Dedication on Saturday, July 18th between 4-6 pm. Bring your family and friends to see what your support and donations have helped build. Meet the animals and tour the facility. We might even have some cookies and punch. I am really proud and excited what a bunch of friends have done after work and on weekends.

Your continued generosity will keep the construction going on our Raptor Flight (phase two) addition to our 100 feet of individual species aviaries. None of this would have been possible without you. I am just a guy with a dream of building one of the largest not for profit animal rescue facilities in the Northeast. I've dedicated my life to achieving that goal, if you have been here you know what I'm doing. If you haven't seen it for yourself, now is the time. I also have another favor to ask: forward this blog to everyone in your address book. Tell your friends and family to check out our website www.redmaplefarm.net. This doesn't cost a dime and getting the word out about us is key to our mission.

What a great day at NY Wildlife Rescue . I had a Starling come in this am. They are fun to rehab. I also had another baby Kestrel falcon come in, this fledgling ate 3 mice almost instantly and went right out to join the other Kestrels in the Raptor Center. We had lots of BOD members stop by. Our great friend and Times Union blogger Teri Conroy stopped by to see the alpacas that I brought in a couple of weeks ago. Teri and her daughter Hannah took one of the alpacas home in the back seat of her truck. Teri and Hannah have been long time supporters of my animal rescue efforts, all the way back to when they got their first llamas from us ... back when we were just saving domestics and exotics. Teri is a great friend and it was great to put her first alpaca in her barn.

I am going to cut it short tonight. It is already pushing 1 am and I still need to try to figure out how to get on Facebook and send out a blanket email to everyone in my address book. I wish that I wasn't so computer illiterate.

Till tomorrow,
Wes

No comments: